Saturday, December 06, 2014

Time to Meet The Sleigh Belles

Now that you've been introduced to the entire team, how about we get to know half of the team, a little bit better?!
 
http://www.designedbydel.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi there I’m Adele (Del for short) and I’m 48 years old. I live in Hull in the UK with my Hubby Christian and my cat called Suki. I got her when she was 8 weeks old and she celebrated her 17th birthday this year. I also have 3 step children who live in another part of the country who we visit as often as we are able. I first tried card making when we got married 9 years ago when I made all my own wedding stationary and then I took it up again more seriously about 6 years ago when I was looking for another hobby. It’s now become more of an obsession lol. I enjoy all sorts of card making, and use various equipment to make my creations ranging from Rubber Stamps, Clear Stamps, Digi Images, Digi Papers, Paper Pads and CD’s….not forgetting dies and punches…..oh I could go on lol. Don’t think I have a specific style as such, I just go with my mood on the day. I’m delighted to have been picked as one of the DT here at TWOC as I love Christmas, especially all the planning and events leading up to the big day. I always seem to be doing my Christmas cards at the last minute though so this opportunity will certainly give me a great head start this year!


http://www.lauraleesdream.blogspot.ca/
Hi, I Laura from Ontario, Canada. I am a single Mom of three grown children and Grandma to 6 lovely grandchildren. I have been scrapbooking for about 15 years.. I love all aspects of it.. I love to stamp, emboss, add texture, cut, colour and just learn all new techniques. I don't think I have a certain style ... I just love alot of different styles.. vintage, mixed media and cute...I can't wait to make Christmas cards all year round...


http://www.nutsandcats.blogspot.ca/
I have been doing scrapbooking in one form or another since I was a kid.  I started in earnest doing scrapbooking in 2001.  I made over 30 albums.  One day I needed a card and wasn't able to get out to the store.  I made one.  That's all it took.  I was completely hooked on card making.  I am a widow with five grown children (some natural, some step), seven grandchildren and four great grands.  After college, I taught 3rd and 5th grade for several years before switching to the legal field.  I am retired after 30 years as a paralegal/secretary/law office manager.  I needed an outlet for my cards so I started sending them to Operation Write Home.  I still do, but5 not as much as I used to.  I am a Christian woman, avoid cards that are on the dark side, and have served on several design teams over the last three or four years.  I am passionate about making cards and now give them as gifts to my family and friends.


http://suek86401.blogspot.com/
Hi! Sue in Arizona here and here is a little bit about me:

I have been paper crafting for several years now but didn’t start posting projects online until March of 2013 when I started my blog. I enjoy all aspects of paper crafting with 3D designs being my favorite and I love trying new techniques. My biggest paper crafting challenge was my son’s US wedding. He was living in Tokyo and he and his fiancé gave me carte blanche on planning and decorating their big event. The banner I made even went to Japan to be a part of that wedding celebration. 6 months after the wedding I was transplanted to Arizona from Michigan, we had to buy special heavy duty boxes to transport my paper bins. I now have my very own craft room, YEAH!!! When Cricut released their, “Extreme Fonts” cartridge they held a 3 part contest, I won the grand prize for the last part of the contest with my, “Route 66 Bouquet” where I use a, “Route 66” soda bottle as my vase, our new home is less than a mile off of the iconic route. Shortly after that win I started my blog.


http://craftinghelen.blogspot.co.uk/
My name is Helen and I live in a small town called West Kirby which is in the north west of Britain - the nearest big city to us is Liverpool.  I work for an organisation called The Abbeyfield Society which is a world-wide charity providing care for older people.  I'm an Activities Coordinator and I work in a care home and two sheltered houses providing activities for the residents.  We craft, play dominoes, do crosswords and do chair exercises as well as enjoying music and films together.  I've been making cards for many years and love stamping, working with digi stamps and colouring with Promarkers.  My favourite card making time is Christmas and I'm really looking forward to being part of the team.



http://moni-myway.blogspot.ca/
My name is Monica. I live in Costa Rica, Central America. I´m a lawyer by profession, but a papercrafter by passion. My papercrafts are my spare time, my hobby and most of the time my addiction. I love to work on 3D stuff and use it every time I can, even in my cards. I have been papercrafting on a regular basis for the last 3 years. I have two grown kids and a dachshund puppy that always keep me busy. I love Christmas time and will love to be on Christmas all year long.

Please join us in welcoming this amazing group of talented women.  Monica and I are extremely lucky to have them on board.  You will see projects from The Sleigh Belles during the Challenge Start each month so get forward to being super inspired.  Each of these lovely ladies would be happy to have you visit them.  Clicking on each of their pictures will take you directly to their individual blogs.

Stay tuned because tomorrow, we'll be getting to know the gals from The Merry Maidens.  We hope that you'll come back and join us again at that time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey ladies, great to meet you all and learn something about you, enjoy your new challenge and I wish you lots of luck, hugs xxx

Bad Kitty said...

great to meet you all